Federal Tort Claims Act Attorney

If you’ve been wronged by the federal government, our skilled lawyers have the skill and resources to get the justice you deserve.

When you believe, you have a legal claim against a United States agency or employee; you need a highly experienced and skilled attorney who is prepared to go up against the power and resources of the federal government. At Paul Padda Law, we are ready to do exactly that. Our team is comprised of veteran litigators and former federal prosecutors, who have spent years working within the government. We have represented numerous high-ranking officials and achieved considerable success due to our representation. Our Las Vegas federal lawyers understand the ins and outs of the system, including the strict procedural and administrative rules, which is essential when you believe the federal government owes you compensation for the damage or loss you have endured.

If you believe an employee of the federal government is responsible for your injuries or a loved one’s tragic death, contact a Federal Torts Claims Act attorney from Paul Padda Law through the online form or at (702) 366-1888.

We offer free, no risk consultations where we can advise you on how to best pursue your recovery and take cases on a contingency basis, meaning there is no cost unless you win.

download our federal torts claims act quick reference guide

The Federal Tort Claims Act or “FTCA”

When someone’s carelessness or recklessness causes you harm, then you have the right to pursue compensation through a personal injury claim. The same is true when a business is at fault for your injuries. If an on-duty employee or agent of a business was careless or reckless, then their employer may be liable. But what about when an employee or agent of the federal government is negligent? Depending on the facts of your case, you may have the right to file a claim for compensation under the Federal Torts Claims Act (FTCA).

If you believe a government employee, who was working at the time of the incident, was negligent and is responsible for your injuries, call Paul Padda Law about suing the federal government. An FTCA lawyer will explain your rights and guide you through the process.

Examples of FTCA claims include:

  • Vehicle accidents with government employees, such as a U.S. Postal Service truck.
  • Veterans Administration (VA) medical malpractice.
  • Assault and battery by an investigative or law enforcement officer, such as from the Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) or Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA).

Federal Tort Claims Act Procedure

If you wish to bring a government tort claim, then you need to speak with an attorney as soon as possible. Not all injury claims are allowed under the FTCA. A lawyer will review your situation and advise you on whether you may sue the government based on the FTCA or not. If your suit does not fit under the FTCA, then it is barred by the doctrine of sovereign immunity. For example, the person who caused you harm must have been a government employee, not an independent contractor hired by the government. Additionally, the government is generally immune from claims of intentional misconduct, except in rare circumstances when the intentional misconduct is caused by a law enforcement officer.

There is a specific process you must follow to pursue compensation. Your attorney will explain the rules and ensure they are adhered to throughout the process. You must first file an administrative claim with the government for compensation. The claim must go to the specific federal agency you believe is liable for the employee’s negligence. While the U.S. Department of Justice provides a form, you should not pursue an administrative claim without talking with a Federal Tort Claims Act attorney first.

The Federal Torts Claims Act statute of limitations is two years. You have up to two years to file the administrative claim, however, it is best to work with a lawyer and file it right away. Also, your state’s relevant statute of limitations may be shorter and offer you less time to file.

Your administrative claim must provide details regarding the accident, your injuries, and the damages your request. In the claim, you must establish:

  • You were injured by a federal government employee;
  • The employee was acting within the scope of their official duties;
  • The employee was acting negligently or wrongfully; and
  • The negligent or wrongful act caused your injuries.

The federal agency has up to six months to respond to your administrative claim. It may accept or reject your claim. If you do not receive a response within six months or your claim is rejected, then you and your FTCA lawyer may file a lawsuit against the federal government.

At Paul Padda Law, we’re more than your lawyers. We’re the allies you want to help set things right.


About the Firm


Case Results



Request a consultation with one of our attorneys

    [honeypot winnie-776]

    Federal Tort Claims Act Medical Malpractice

    The VA provides benefits for millions of veterans. Unfortunately, many veterans are the victims of medical malpractice at VA hospitals, clinics, and other medical facilities.

    If you were treated for an injury or condition through the VA, and you believe your condition has worsened or you are suffering from a new injury because of negligent care, contact a VA medical malpractice lawyer from Paul Padda Law about filing a claim for VA malpractice. We have years of experience helping veterans who have suffered due to medical malpractice and family members who have lost loved ones due to medical negligence.

    While you may have a right to sue the VA, you must speak with an FTCA lawyer. You cannot sue an employee of the VA personally and a lawsuit against the VA is not a normal medical malpractice claim. Instead, you may have a claim under the FTCA or for disability compensation, which is known as a Section 1151 claim.

    VA medical practice claims are complex and take a great deal of time and care. You need an attorney who is experienced with the FTCA and Nevada medical malpractice claims. If you rely on an inexperienced lawyer or try to handle this claim yourself, you decrease your chance of obtaining a VA tort claim settlement.

    It is also essential that you know a VA malpractice claim is still governed by state law. If your injury occurred in Nevada, then Nevada’s malpractice law dictates the medical standard of care the physician should have provided and your potential damages. Be sure to speak with a lawyer from Paul Padda Law about how state law impacts your claim.

    Contact a Federal Tort Claims Act Attorney Today

    If you were injured by a federal employee’s actions, the best thing you can do for yourself is speak with the FTCA lawyers at Paul Padda Law. We are uniquely focused on ensuring you recover in whatever way you need. We understand how difficult this situation may be, especially if you are suffering from serious injuries or the incident cost your loved one their life. You may be angry, grieving, resentful, depressed, and much more. We are here to provide practical and objective advice regarding your rights to sue the federal government. If you have a valid FTCA claim, then we will guide you through the strict process of pursuing compensation.

    To learn more, contact Paul Padda Law at IFBYHONE or use our online form to request a consultation.

    Contact Us Today for a Free Consultation and Begin Your Road to Recovery

    Contact us by phone or by email

    PH: (702) 366-1888