Made Possible By Paul Padda Law
Paul Padda Law Offering Employees Paid Family Leave
Paul Padda Law is leading the way in family-focused workplace policies by rolling out a paid parental leave benefit for all of it’s employees. Paul recognizes that much of his success can be attributed to the work of his dedicated team and encourages other business owners to make this commitment.
THE PEOPLE’S RECOVERY AWARDS – $8000 WAS GIVEN AWAY
Meet Our Recipients
Jameela participated in ROTC at Cheyenne High School. SGM(Ret) Gary T. Schoolfield, the Senior Army Instructor at Cheyenne High School, contacted Jameela to encourage her to submit her story to The People’s Recovery Awards by Paul Padda Law. He knew Jameela as a young person who was loyal to her family and the family was experiencing challenging times.
Jameela’s mother had lost her job due to COVID-19 shut down of certain businesses. Without that income the family of her brother Robbie, mom and herself were struggling. Being conscientious, the lack of funds to meet their obligations and keep a roof over their heads had created a serious, stressful situation.
The $1,000 award enabled them to make a transition to California where they are now able to be closer to family. Without this “Hand Up”, this story may have turned out much differently.
Paul Padda and his staff at Paul Padda Law wishes them much luck and success.
Paul Padda and his firm Paul Padda Law is dedicated to continuing support for the Las Vegas Community during these uncertain times.
Please listen to radio stations 97.1 The Point and 92.3 KOMP for details.
CCSD Launches Learning Line
On Tuesday, March 24, 2020, CCSD launched the Learning Line, a service where CCSD personnel provide support for all students via telephone to maximize learning through distance education.
Now parents and students can access the Learning Line by calling 702-799-6644. Educators will be available Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. to assist students in both English and Spanish during scheduled school days.
CCSD’s information on the student learning extension opportunities can be found in the link above or you can go to their website directly https://ccsd.net/.
CCSD would like to thank their students, families, and employees for their patience and commitment to continue providing learning opportunities for our students as we move through these unprecedented closures.
Senior Outreach: Staying Connected
Now, more than ever, it is important to stay connected and be active. During this time of uncertainty YMCA of Southern Nevada is providing seniors with important information, which includes online activities.
- Food & Grocery – Elderly Shopping Hours during COVID-19 are updated on a regular basis. Chick on THIS LINK for more information.
- Staying Connected – YMCA of Southern Nevada will be initiating the “Senior Buddy”, where a Y staff member and volunteers will be given a senior to check up on and visit via Phone Calls, Text Messages, FaceTime, Skype and Email. This will be for seniors who are current members of YMCA.
- Staying Active – Active Older Adults should continue to focus on their health and wellness at home! SilverSneakers, is offering free workouts on their Facebook Page. You will find everything on their videos tab.
Clark County School District Provides Online Learning For Students
- Classroom Cast – Instructional resources is now available to all students and will help to provide in-home educational activities statewide.
Digital lessons and classes are available for elementary, middle school and high school levels.
- OnePlace – Is a portal dedicated for Clark County School District teachers and educators to ensure learning continuity for students.
Clark County School District educators can use their AD credentials to log in.
- Vegas PBS – The home for all Vegas PBS educational resources to help with educating kids while they are learning from home.
- PBS LearningMedia REACH – Is a self-paced interactive reading program to engage children and their parents as an at-home reading partner.
Designed by classroom reading specialists and aligned with kindergarten through third grade standards.
Utility Assistance During COVID-19 Shutdown
- NV Energy has suspended disconnects for non-payment for those directly affected financially by coronavirus ( COVID -19 ). They are also waiving late fees and deposits; making allowances for those unable to pay due to self-isolation and becoming unemployed due to the Statewide lock-down. If you need assistance and more information, contact NV Energy’s customer care center to make alternative payment arrangements. Call (702) 402-5555 or go online to https://www.nvenergy.com/.
- Southwest Gas suspends service disconnects indefinitely during coronavirus (COVID-19), and they are offering flexible payment options to customers experiencing financial hardships; making mobile and online access easy. Call (877) 860-6020 Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 6 p.m. (hearing impaired should call 711) or visit https://www.swgas.com/en/home.
- City of Henderson has temporarily suspended shut-offs of water service.
Paul Padda Law Makes Donation to Support Victims of Sri Lanka Bombings
Paul Padda Law donated $2,500 to a fundraiser put on by the Sri Lanka America Association of Las Vegas. The event was held to help support the victims of the Easter Sunday bombings in Sri Lanka.
Paul Padda Sponsors Baby’s Bounty Event at Cheyenne High School
The event featured several local organizations who talked with students and people from the community, connecting them with resources, particularly for new parents.
Paul Padda Law Recognized by TSA
Rick Jackson, Stakeholder Manager from the Transportation Security Administration, presents a plaque to Paul Padda. The recognition follows the firm’s donation of $7,240 in Gas cards given to TSA workers and other federal employees during the government shutdown.
Paul Padda Law Partners with Baby’s Bounty
This month, Paul Padda Law has chosen to support and make a $3,000 donation to Baby’s Bounty. On Thursday, March 26 the firm will also host a community event showcasing agencies and organizations that provide family services, particularly to families with infants. Paul shares more about Baby’s Bounty and why they chose them as this month’s community partner.
Community Resources Directory
At Paul Padda Law we work to be an active member of the Las Vegas community. In addition to choosing local causes and organizations to support on a regular basis, we also strive to serve as a hub of information and resources for those in need. We’ve compiled a list of local non profits and service providers to make it easier to find the help you need or find an organization to whose work you’d like to support.
Paul Padda Law Gives $7240 in Gas Gift Cards to Federal Workers During Government Shutdown
This past Sunday, January 27th, Las Vegas personal injury lawyer Paul Padda spent his birthday with the rest of Paul Padda Law passing out $7240 worth of gas gift cards to federal employees who had been affected by the government shutdown. Attorney Padda and the rest of the team at Paul Padda Law appreciate the work that government employees do, both federal and local, and wanted to do something to help out those affected by the government shutdown.
Paul Padda said, “Only through coming together to help those in need are we made stronger. I have been fortunate and Las Vegas has been good to me, so I want to do what I can to give back.” He further added, “as a former federal prosecutor, I have a special empathy for the outstanding men and women that make up the federal workforce and that make this country run.” “We have the best civil service in the world” Padda stated and added, “it’s our duty to help them in this time of need.”
Paul Padda and the team at Paul Padda Law were pleased to see other local businesses making similar efforts to provide support for the men and women that work for us every day. Paul Padda Law also encouraged individual donations of canned goods, diapers, and other necessities that may have been a burden for federal employees after missing multiple paychecks. It was great for the team to get to meet so many of the people who help keep our country running, and the event was a tremendous success.
Cheyenne High School – Las Vegas, Nevada
Built in 1991, Cheyenne High School serves a large minority population, and roughly 75 percent of its students and their families live in poverty and/or receive assistance to pay for school day meals. The school’s mission statement encourages perseverance and creative thinking to help students “be well-equipped to pursue their goals and become successful members of our diverse and changing technological society.” With the rapid development of technology, Paul Padda Law knew they could be of help to the students, faculty, and staff at Cheyenne HS.
Recently, our Las Vegas personal injury attorneys donated $33,000 to Cheyenne High School. This contribution will aid in supporting ACT test preparation, assist in purchasing a new scorer’s table and football pads for the athletic department, and help the marching band with various needs.
Attorney Paul Padda was proud to present the check to Dr. Zachary Robbins, Principal of the school, and is quoted at the presentation as saying, “genius resides everywhere, but you just have to have the tools and the resources to tap into and give people the ability to succeed.” In not having to worry about financing these various needs, the administration at Cheyenne HS can concentrate on continuing to work towards its mission of preparing their students for the future.